LONDON – December 22, 2010 – Tesco Bank has partnered with financial payments provider Blackhawk Network to deliver a new range of gift cards to Tesco customers.
The Gift Card Store™ has launched in over 600 Tesco stores across the UK. The range includes brands such as: iTunes, Cineworld, Next, Debenhams and Facebook.
David McCreadie, Managing Director, Banking at Tesco Bank said, “The Gift Card Store is a natural expansion for us and builds on the success of Tesco’s own gift cards by introducing other popular brands to provide a wider choice for Tesco customers.”
Blackhawk Network Europe operates in thousands of retail locations to bring consumers the convenience of buying high street retail gift cards in one location. Blackhawk Network works with top supermarket, hypermarket, convenience, pharmacy, specialty and Internet retailers worldwide.
“It is an honour to work with one of the leading retailers in the world,” said Jim Strabo, Managing Director of Blackhawk Network Europe. “Tesco is known for offering its customers convenience and choice, and we have worked with them to include a range of brands we expect to be popular with customers.”
– Ends –
- Tesco Bank is the UK’s largest supermarket bank. Since our launch in 1997, we have grown to have 6.5 million customer accounts across 28 financial products and services.
- Our principal activities are banking and insurance including: motor, home, pet and travel insurance, credit cards and personal loans; personal savings; Tesco Compare and a network of cash machines (ATMs).
- We sell our products through multiple channels including in-store, by telephone and online.
- Tesco Bank is fully owned by Tesco plc.
- Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. 173199. Registered Address: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
About Blackhawk Network Europe
Blackhawk Network Europe is a division of Blackhawk Network, a subsidiary of Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America based on sales. As the leading third party prepaid provider, Blackhawk offers the industry’s most popular prepaid gift cards in thousands of retail locations. The company has revolutionised the way consumers give and receive gifts through the gift card destination program, which offers the convenience of buying leading retail gift cards in an exclusive network of top supermarkets, hypermarket, convenience, pharmacy, specialty and Internet retailers across the globe. Leveraging its strong retail heritage and expertise in the grocery channel, Blackhawk Network Europe currently partners with many of the top retailers in Europe.
Blackhawk Network Europe is headquartered in London with an office in Paris. In addition to the UK and France, Blackhawk Network Inc. has offices in Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United States. For more information about Blackhawk Network visit www.blackhawknetwork.com